Recruiting and retaining talent for the workplace in Ireland are now two of the serious challenges many employers are facing. As the economy continues to grow, more and more companies have a need for skilled and specialized workers. This problem is common in various sectors which need to boost their productivity and grow their businesses. Talent acquisition has thus become a very competitive undertaking in Ireland.
Many businesses have had to increase their salary offerings in order to be able to fetch the top talents which exist for their organizations. The Irish employment market has now shifted to be in favour of employees rather than employers. Potential employees can now pick and choose where they would rather work and have greater negotiating power on the basis of salary.
Another challenge which comes with talent acquisition is the matter of employee retention. Several surveys conducted have revealed a common finding. Most employees have made the decision to change jobs within a year. Almost a quarter of them plan to change within the next two years. Other statistics reveal an almost 50% dissatisfaction with increased salaries. These statistics reveal that it will be problematic for employers to determine who will stay employed for a long term.
How can they be helped to make the process of talent acquisition much smoother? A very practical software solution will help to reduce the potential difficulties. How does this applicant tracking system work? There are countless ways in which it can greatly reduce the challenges Irish businesses face at the recruiting stage.
This software provides a solution which will reduce the time human resources would invest in recruiting talent by half. It also increases the number of potential recruits a business will be able to process by 45%. The system offers seamless management of the entire employee recruitment process from beginning to end. What are some of the features?
- The system is available in five different languages making it widely usable. It is quite user friendly. This makes the experience pleasant and seamless for all users, applicants and company users alike.
- It can be customized to meet the specific needs of each company, capturing the information they want to use. This includes filtering for specific skill sets and even location.
- The applicant tracking system offers connection via mobile or desktop devices without the need for installation. The software can be accessed via your company’s website.
- The system provides access to potential candidates through a link it provides to a particular job search website. Companies can privately recruit the candidates which are of interest to them.
- In a very simple process, an advertisement for the availability of a new job can be created. This will then be made available to the public on your company’s website as well as on related social media platforms. This method of posting will boost the reach of the ad to all who may be interested in applying. It allows maximum opportunity for the ad to be seen.
- Once the applications start coming in, the system can rank them based on skill level and proximity. A database will also be created which will allow you to develop a pool of applicants for future reference. This allows the option of searching based on specific requirements thus simplifying the process further.
- In this technological age, the software also allows for video interviews to be requested and conducted. This powerful medium also makes it possible to administer questionnaires and assess selected skills. Tests can also be given to candidates to ascertain proof of stated skill areas. It gives companies an opportunity to establish competence for themselves.
- Applicants can be emailed and information requested for updating their profiles. This may include making amendments to their resumes and also their availability.
- Automatic short listing based on the results of the interview and assessment takes the hassle out of the process. This is the penultimate step in the talent acquisition process just before making a choice.
In a nutshell, the applicant tracking system helps to facilitate the entire process, managing all the related documentation. The human resources department will be able to function at a much more efficient rate and be more productive. The benefits of implementing such a system will also be seen in the reduction of costs associated with seeking new employees.
When handling large volumes of candidates manually, the process is generally quite time intensive. With this automated computerized system, thousands of dollars and time will be saved. Your human resource department can focus more attention on other areas affecting employees. Making use of this software is a strategic move which will give many companies in Ireland a competitive edge.