What is Absence Management?
Employee entitlements keeps track of each employee’s total entitlement figure for the current year.
Categories of absence can be analysed in percentages. Absence trends can be easily monitored.
Employees can simply use the self-service module to request absences allowing for a prompt response.
Management can easily track and manage employee absences with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Create & Monitor absence codes such as Holiday, Sick Certified, COVID-19, Parental Leave & Many more.
Save your organisation time and money by reducing absenteeism and the amount of time spent managing it.
Absence Management Software
Employee absenteeism is responsible for staffing gaps that greatly affect productivity within all organisations. Using time and attendance software can help you battle some of these perils. Understanding the true nature of these problems is at the heart of absence management. A strong absence management software can help you better understand and deal with these issues.
Set your own attendance policies and let the software do the work for you. There isn’t any need to invest a large amount of time or effort into this venture.
If you want to zone in and control attendance on your own, the software will give you the best tools to do so. If you want the software to fully handle the task on its own so you can deal with other things on your plate, the software can equally help you out.
- Trend Catching – Maybe your employee misses every Wednesday because of a family-related issue. The software will register this trend and itemise the reason for absence.
- Preference Adjustments – You can set what you determine to be excused and unexcused absences. Maybe your employees’ particular family matter is excusable like an ill parent, or maybe it’s inexcusable like driving your brother to work across town because he missed the bus. The software can do the decision making for you based on your preferences.
- Internal Enforcement – You can discipline your employees directly through the software. With a solid understanding of absence management, the software will help you decide what is best to do with your employee. Maybe it’s switching this employee to the Saturday shift instead of the Wednesday shift, or maybe it’s something a little harsher.
- Real Time Multi-Platform Usage – The software allows managers and employees to check in on their absence management statistics in real time. This allows both parties to be aware of the situation at all times. This can be checked on your desktop computer, phone, or laptop. The information is readily available so no parties can plead ignorance.
- Employee Friendly Interface – Absence management isn’t all about controlling your employees. It’s about efficiency. Making things easier for your employees is also more efficient. Some people carry an irrational negative association with Mitrefinch time and attendance software. The software will allow your employees easier access to trading shifts, requesting a day off, and even for planning vacations. All of these requests conveniently go to your manager who can handle them in real time.
- Planned Vs Unplanned Management – Attendance software can automatically manage the difference between planned and unplanned absences. Unplanned absences are by far the worst type. Unplanned absences are difficult to plan around, and preventing them from happening in the future can make or break your operation.
- Fast Decision Making – Everything is reported and analysed in real time. This allows all your managerial decisions to happen swiftly. Time fumbling over the correct course of action is just as costly as absenteeism. Coming down with an effective plan in efficient time can give your team the momentum it needs to move forward fast.
- Stress Relief – As you can see, the benefits are endless. The software can do so much in so little time. This takes a great burden off your chest. You no longer have to worry yourself with watching your employees time or attendance. All you have to do now is absorb the information that the software gives you and then select your course of action. The particular issue of absenteeism is a head-scratcher for many. It is riddled with excuses and stories that confuse managers. There is no confusing the software. It will pick up on trends and data that allows the truth to speak for itself. Don’t tackle this problem on your own. Time and attendance software can greatly help you out.
– Prevent overtime costs and stick to your payroll budget
Book your Free TMS Demo Today
Want to learn more about Absence Management?