When we talk to Irish business owners about their biggest concerns, we almost always hear about their desire to grow their companies. It can be frustrating to feel that you’re stuck in a rut, and difficult to pinpoint the areas that are holding you back.
One thing that you may not have considered is making the switch from manual time cards and payroll to electronic attendance management.
What is Electronic Attendance Management?
Are you sure that your employees are working the hours they are meant to work? You might think that you are, but if you’re using manual time cards that aren’t fully integrated with payroll, you might be wrong.
Electronic attendance management is a type of software that you can use to:
- Track employee attendance
- Eliminate employee deception and fraud
- Increase security
- Reduce inefficiency and errors
- Free up your time to dedicate to growing your business
Basically, electronic attendance management takes a lot of guesswork out of managing your employees. You can use it to improve attendance and streamline your payroll and HR.
What Options Do You Have?
When it comes to growing your business, using electronic time clock software can help in a number of ways.
First, you can choose from multiple options that allow you to track employees both on-site and when they are working in remote locations. For example:
- Biometric options use fingerprints to ensure that employees don’t “buddy punch” for one another. Using biometrics means that you’ll always be sure where your employees are.
- Biometrics can also help you maintain high levels of security when necessary. If you have areas of the building where only high-level employees are permitted to go, biometrics will ensure that nobody else gets in.
- In your main office, you can use workstation clock-in with or without biometrics to keep track of when employees are working and when they’re not.
- Remotely, you have the option of choosing mobile clock in options that use either phone calls (through a reverse toll-free number) or text messaging. Mobile options allow for GPS tracking, which means you can be sure that your employees are where they say they are.
- You also have the option of using a remote landline option as an alternative to mobile.
The software can be used to store your attendance and payroll information on site if you have the IT personnel to customise it for you. Alternatively, you can use our cloud storage to securely store your information so it’s there when you need it.
How Can Electronic Attendance Management Help Your Business Grow?
Now let’s look at some of the ways that using electronic time management can help your business to grow.
- It improves the efficiency of your HR department. You won’t have to allocate additional time for data entry because your time management system will be fully integrated with payroll. There will be less chance of user errors and mistakes as a result, plus HR will be able to give their time to managing employees in other ways.
- It eliminates employee fraud and can save you money on your payroll. You can then use that money for more important things, like customer outreach and marketing.
- It increases your security and decreases the chances that you’ll suffer a breach. You won’t have to worry about anybody seeing things they shouldn’t see because biometrics keep everything secure.
- It will improve employee productivity and efficiency. Research shows that employees tend to perform at a higher level when they know that their time is being monitored. The simple act of adding an electronic attendance management system can ensure that employees are operating at their maximum capacity.
- It can reduce employee turnover by allowing managers to more closely monitor attendance problems, including tardiness and absenteeism. When you have the ability to run ad-hoc reports, it becomes easy to spot patterns and address them before they turn into insurmountable problems.
- It can improve your time management both as a manager and on an organisational level. The software gives the means to allocate employees’ time to specific projects, provide them with timeframes for completion, and ensure that time isn’t being wasted on non-essential tasks. When you meet all of your deadlines, you’ll have happy customers – and that can have a positive impact on your bottom line.
- It provides you with the peace of mind you need to focus on growth strategies. You won’t have to spend time worrying about tracking employee attendance because our software will take care of it for you.
As you can see, using electronic attendance management can eliminate many of the things that act as roadblocks to your company’s growth.
More and more Irish companies are choosing to implement electronic attendance management systems in 2019. Will your company be one of them? Contact us today to find out how we can streamline your payroll and attendance management so you can focus on the future.