For many companies, employee clock in software deployment is a big issue. It’s important to keep track of employees’ time to minimise problems like buddy check in and absenteeism. When it comes to choosing how to manage employee time, there are two basic employee clock in software deployment options to choose from:
- Site deployment keeps everything associated with employee hours on-site, giving companies a great deal of control over their data.
- Cloud deployment stores employee time data off-site in the cloud, where it is managed by a storage company.
There are some key differences between the two employee clock in software deployment options discussed above, and it’s important to understand them before you make a decision about which deployment option is right for you.
Benefits of Site Deployment
Information about employee attendance and payroll must be integrated with various systems within your company. When you consider your employee clock in software deployment options, you’ll have to decide whether you feel comfortable letting an outside company handle that information.
For companies with good internal IT support and security systems, on-site deployment may very well be the preferable of the two options. When you choose on-site deployment:
- You have complete control over your payroll and attendance data, including who can access it and where and how it is stored.
- You can keep your data safe behind the firewalls and other security precautions you have put into place.
- You maintain the ability to decide who gets what information and how they can use it.
- You won’t have to worry about losing access to your data in the event that your vendor’s data centre crashes or your vendor goes out of business.
Another key consideration is that your IT team will be able to access all of the PHP source code associated with the employee clock in software. They can use that information to integrate your clock in software with internal systems such as Human Resource and payroll. They won’t need to worry about getting outside programmers to help them do it.
Benefits of Cloud Deployment
What if you don’t have a dedicated IT staff – or at least one employee who is comfortable enough with programming to handle integrating your systems with your software? In that case, the employee clock in software deployment option that’s best for you is cloud deployment.
Here are the benefits of choosing cloud deployment:
- We provide dedicated hosting options that take care of all routine maintenance and security so you don’t have to worry about it. Upgrades will be done automatically without any action required from you.
- APIs, applications, and data are managed separately. That translates to better security – and less risk – than you might get if all three were managed in the same place.
- Set-up is easy and can be handled very quickly without sacrificing either functionality or security.
- Unlike some proprietary systems, our cloud deployment option gives you unlimited integration points so you can sync your information with Human Resources, payroll, and management.
- It’s easy to add new employee data since you’ll have complete transparency into the program. There’s no hidden code and no hidden costs.
In the event that your company grows, we make it easy for you to switch to an open source, on-site employee time clock deployment option. At Advance Systems, we’re happy to work with your company as it grows.
Which Employee Clock in Deployment Solution Is Right for Your Company?
When it comes to deciding which employee clock in deployment solution is right for your company, it really boils down to one key point. If you have a dedicated IT team and you’re confident that they can handle the process of integrating the software as needed, then on-site deployment is the way to go.
On the other hand, if you don’t have an IT team yet or you want the security of cloud storage so you can access your data from anywhere, you should opt for the cloud deployment solution.
The important thing to remember is that you can always switch from one to the other. Advance Systems makes it easy for clients to switch seamlessly so they don’t have to worry about the security of their data.
Both options have their benefits. The best thing you can do is to make an honest assessment of your company’s capabilities and needs and then decide. No matter which option you choose, we can help you implement the employee clock in deployment solution of your choice.