Technology is making a massive impact on the modern human resources department. Many of the mundane tasks can now automated by the advancements in HR technology. The days of combing through stacks of paperwork to find a single piece of information are no more.
HR software streamlines the modern workplace. Information becomes accessible and repetitive tasks are no longer a burden.
The New Types of HR Technology in the Market
The advances in HR software affect the operations of the entire company. All employees in an organization benefit from a well-run HR department. These advances in technology help eliminate paper-based time-tracking and the timely filing of documents.
Instead, core human resource duties can be the focus of companies in Ireland.
Here are some of the important features that good HR tech possesses:
- Mobile Workforce Management (MWM)
- Employee Scheduling Software
- Employee Self-Service Software
- Performance Management Software
- Learning Experience Platforms
- Business Tablets and Laptops
Exploring the 5 Ways HR Tech Improves the Workplace for All
There are some points to consider when investing in a new HR tech solution for your business in Ireland. The main goal should be “integrating technology and humanity,” according to Talent Management and HR.
The software that your company deploys should assist your HR team to do just that. Every piece of technology that your HR team uses should aim towards that goal. The HR department and your company’s employees will see many benefits by doing so.
Every department can see a positive impact from this sort of technology. Whether that’s the HR department, sales, marketing, operations, or logistics. Even your customers can have a better experience with your company. Choosing the right HR technology can make a deep impact on your company no matter what industry you’re in.
Investing in important technology has a positive return on investment for a company. There is great value there. The important thing is to sift through all the software options that are in the market and make the right choice for your company.
Input from your HR, IT, and executive team is crucial when making this choice. Each leader in the organization can give insight into what software would deliver the best results. This is why we put together the following list of 5 ways HR tech is improving workplace operations in Ireland.
1. Reduce Stress and Misunderstanding with Shift Scheduling Software
Employee shift scheduling software is a solution that will be appreciated by everyone within your organization. The features of this software make it easy for your teams. They can check their schedule no matter where they are (within or outside Ireland).
Your teams can easily log-in to their account and see when they are scheduled to work. It takes just minutes and saves them a phone call or email. This simple task used to eat up valuable time from your HR team’s day. These small little interruptions added up and disrupted the important work of your HR professionals.
Other benefits of this type of scheduling feature include:
- Streamline complex scheduling tasks that involve personal time off, vacation, overtime and more.
- Allows your team to trade shifts. This can help improve attendance and reliability within the organization.
- Run reports on labor levels and adjust accordingly.
2. Mobile Devices Makes Mobile Workforce Management Possible
Advances in HR technology make remote work and management possible. Working from home is a trend that many companies across all industries see. This modern reality makes the use of mobile workforce management apps a critical feature of any HR department’s software.
Of course, security is important. Your IT and executive team must decide how to deploy this sort of technology and keep it secure. But these mobile workforce management apps are designed to make your operations more efficient and accessible from everywhere.
3. Self-Service Software for Employees
Employee self-service software is a key feature to the majority of HRIS (human resource information system) platforms. Some of these tasks that your employees can manage include:
- Updates to personal information, such as address, and banking details. This saves a lot of time for your HR teams and makes it easy for your employees.
- Request time off and get quicker approval for these requests.
Self-management of these common tasks saves time and reduces costs for your HR department. More importantly, it makes everybody happier and improves morale across all teams.
4. The Impact of Technology on Recruitment
Recruitment is one of the crucial tasks that any organization must conquer. The modern recruitment process usually starts online on platforms like LinkedIn or online job boards. Getting the right candidate in the door can be a complicated and time-consuming task. Sifting through online applications, resumes, cover letters, and pre-employment screening tests is a breeze with the right HR technology.
Innovations in HR tech are crucial in the recruitment and training process. Software that opens up flexibility in recruitment is key.
5. Cloud-Based Storage Solutions
There are a few key benefits to using HR tech that integrates with a cloud solution:
- The cloud allows for immediate access to employee data, no matter when and where it is necessary.
- The cloud frees up storage space in the office and allows for long-term access to old data.
- The security problem is solved with cloud-based security protocols.
The Innovation in HR Tech Continues
The fact is, advancements in human resource technology and development will continue. It is an exciting time in this space. Check in from time to time to see improvements in HR technology. Even small changes can make a deep impact in communication, timeliness, and profit.