As Irish businesses continue to embrace ever-evolving computer technologies the need for a dynamic time and attendance software system to monitor their staff performance grows.
For many Irish businesses the days of employees ‘clocking in’ are long gone. Many employees work outside a physical office, usually from a home computer or mobile device, and often work flexible hours. For businesses to ensure their changing workforce is still compliant with their contractual agreements, time and attendance software provides a reliable and efficient solution.
Time and attendance software enables employees to log in ready for work – whether from office desktop workstations, home or other remote workstations, or from laptops and mobile phones with web access. Mobile devices such as laptops and smart phones allow for work to occur outside of the physical office and beyond the normal working hours of the day. A software solution allows businesses to incorporate these diverse practices into their business models without incurring additional costs or reducing efficiency.
Key benefits of installing time and attendance software
- Reduced absenteeism, monitoring efficiency and increased punctuality
- Compliance with European Working Time Directive (EWTD)
- Accurate forecasting by department workload, resources and budget
- Flexible log-in options (internet, mobile, PDA or XDA, intranet, PC, biometrics terminal, proximity fob, or swipe card)
- Recording and building of absence profiles with multiple viewing selections – by department, group or absence occurrence
- Full reporting and graphic module, including standard reports
- Ability to run ‘what if’ scenarios and update future changes immediately.
Another key benefit of installing a system is that it enables much more flexibilty in the staffing choices you make. No longer relying on the physical presence of your personnel means you have much greater hiring choices while the time and attendance software acts as your virtual ‘clocking in’ device, giving you peace of mind.