Many companies in Ireland are still making use of the manual system of logging employee time on paper. Still, others are recognising the benefits of going electronic. Why the disparity? Many Irish business owners may not be aware of the benefits to their businesses. Timesheet Software offers Irish businesses a convenient and effective way to accurately track employee hours.
Benefits of Automated Versus Manual Paper System
Why is an automated system more beneficial than a manual paper system? For the following reasons:
- An automated system increases the accuracy of time tracking. The errors associated with manual time clocking are many. Employees may forget to clock in or HR might make errors while calculating payroll. The automated system is more beneficial because it eliminates human error. This gives employee’s confidence and contentment.
- An automated system eliminates the continued cost of buying paper products. Paper use cannot completely be eliminated. Buying paper for a manual clocking system can. This cost comes about because of the demand for timecards with the paper system. A good stock has to be kept on hand for each employee. They are usually maxed out by the end of the week. New ones go into circulation in the new week. The paperless electronic system cuts this cost out completely.
- An automated system eliminates buddy punching. With a paper system, employees can punch in each other’s cards. The highly secure clocking options of the electronic system eliminate this practice. The electronic system allows for honest time reporting.
- Timesheet Software facilitates efficient clocking in. In some big businesses in Ireland, the punch clock station is not conveniently located. This wastes time trying to get to it. In even larger industries, the large workforce has to stand in line to use the paper system. This causes inaccurate time clocking. It also wastes valuable work time. The electronic system can be accessed in at least six different ways. This makes it convenient for staff to work off-site and still accurately clock in.
- The paperless electronic system offers an efficient way to save money. With the easy integration into the payroll system, salary calculation is simple and accurate. It is automated. The touch of a button moves the data to the payroll system. The manual paper system of logging hours from time cards is time intensive. It may cost the company extra to pay for overtime hours to collate the information. If errors are made they are also costly to fix. The process is tedious and taxing for employees. The use of Timesheet Software increases staff productivity by allowing them to focus on core functions during regular work hours. They can complete these efficiently each day with no need for overtime.
Different Methods of Access to Electronic Timesheets
Using computer-based means
Employees can clock in right from their web-based computers.
Clocking in Via Land Line
Employees can clock in on-site or remotely by using a fixed line. A toll-free number allows them to report for work. This information is immediately available to managers and supervisory personnel.
Mobile Phone Clocking
Employees can use their mobile phones to report for work. The use of GPS serves as a security feature. It confirms the exact location and eliminates doubt.
Clocking in via Text Messaging
Employees can alternatively send an SMS message which is immediately recorded in the system. This real-time method is fast and convenient.
Unique Fingerprint Clocking
Employees can use desktop biometric readers or biometric terminals to clock in via fingerprint. This leaves no room for buddy clocking. Each person’s fingerprint is unique. This makes clocking in or out fast and simple. It can be done right at the work desk.
Biometric Employee Time Clocks
Similar to the desktop reader, this device also uses employee fingerprints. It is much larger and conveniently placed to allow employees to clock in. It is very secure because of the unique nature of the fingerprint. Each employee’s fingerprint is stored for future identification. This method can be combined with swipe card use.
With Timesheet Software employee time tracking can be monitored accurately across several sites. Whichever method is used to clock in, the data is available in real-time. It works in conjunction with scheduling software to assign set times to tasks. Businesses in Ireland need this kind of specificity to function at their optimum potential.
It is clear that manual paper systems are becoming obsolete. The paper method is also not the best way to go where the environment is concerned. The eco-friendly electronic model offers convenience, accuracy, financial savings and transparency. The software offers iron-clad security to prevent financial losses through dishonesty and fraud. This is just what businesses in Ireland need to bring their operations into the 21st century.