Video interviewing is easily becoming a mainstream way of recruiting candidates and acquiring talent for employment. About 2/3rd of human resource professionals use Video Interview Software to increase the efficiency of the recruitment process.
A recent survey revealed that to fill an open position takes about a month and a half. This convenient method allows candidates and interviewees to meet at any time their schedules coincide. It allows for a significantly reduced time from initial interview through to completion.
Particularly in Dublin, this method of interviewing is popular with large establishments such as Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn. These organizations hire employees from all over the world. This method is especially convenient for employing remote workers. For companies who would be willing to fly candidates in for interviews, travel costs are cut to nothing. Basically, the process allows for selecting the most impressive resumes and choosing the best candidates to compete.
What are the Benefits of Video Interviews for the Company and the Interviewees?
Video Interview Software allows companies to save time and resources and to streamline the questions which will be asked. The questions to be asked can be tailored to the specific needs of the job. Having recorded video also allows the footage to be replayed and reviewed. Comparisons can be made between the responses of various candidates. This will aid in selecting those with preferred responses. Other departments may also be made a part of the selection process via video reviews. Time can be better managed and transportation costs if any would be eliminated.
Where candidates are concerned, they benefit by choosing a location where they will be comfortable. They can really allow their true self to radiate. Instead of being intimidated by the interviewer, they can give full attention to the questions, supplying their best answers. It also opens up the opportunity for remote employment. Comparison of candidates can be made on the same basis which is fair.
One such software which has great features and is SAAS and cloud based is the Advance ATS – Applicant Tracking System.
What does it Offer?
The Video Interview Software from Advance Systems is a component of their Applicant Tracking System. This system itself is a great boost to the efficiency of the hiring process and an equally big expense saver. The system is configured to rank resumes based on the best suitability for the position. This takes away the challenge of manual sorting.
Some of the additional features include:
- Web based connectivity to the software. There is no requirement for an installation process. The convenience of connecting to the software through any internet capable mobile or desktop computer simplifies the mode of access.
- The ability to create job vacancy posts quickly is facilitated by means of a form. Once finished the ad can reach a variety of platforms at the same time via the multi post capability. This also ensures that most persons are reached. Some platforms are tailored to have the post reach candidates with matching qualifications.
- Customize the settings within the software to filter for candidates which fit the description you are seeking.
- The video interview software comes into play at this stage of the interview if desired. A one or two-way interview may be scheduled with each candidate. Each candidate who has applied has a profile generated through which correspondence is routed. Any tests, questionnaires or relevant documentation is stored specific to each profile.
- Based on commentary applicants are placed on a short list for final selection.
This information can be disseminated across departments. All the relevant documentation and recorded interviews will be stored for perusal. This type of system leaves nothing to chance or to anyone’s memory.
The use of Video Tracking Software is truly a forward thinking approach to growing the workforce of companies in Ireland. Especially in the demanding climate for more skilled workers in certain sectors, this method will serve many companies well. The facts exist that the hiring time is drastically reduced with the increased efficiency afforded through video interviews.
Businesses in Ireland also stand to save considerable costs to replace employees. The rate of turnover due to possible flaws in the conventional hiring methods will be eliminated. The associated travel costs will become a nonexistent expense.
Companies in Ireland using this software, immediately improve their talent acquisition. Advance Systems also offers other human resource applications and software such as the HR Management Software. These applications go well beyond the recruitment process to effectively manage the workforce thereafter.