The time demands on staff in the healthcare sector are unique when it comes to their working hours. Many healthcare facilities operate on a 24-hour basis, in a bid to ensure that there are always healthcare workers to service patients. This type of extended operation poses challenges in the area of consistent staffing. Quality care and scheduling issues become causes for consideration under a 24-hour model.
With these demands, overtime costs to create rosters and facilitate possible shift changes are a frequent occurrence. These factors increase the monthly payroll expenses and impact productivity and efficiency.
Attendance tracking systems are a welcome solution to stem the tide of rising expenses associated with staff rotation and record management in Ireland’s healthcare sector. Learn about the benefits by reading below to see how this application will improve the challenges to staff management.
Existing Issues in Ireland’s Healthcare Sector
In Ireland’s healthcare system, there are number of factors which reveal a need for an accurate, reliable and convenient system of record management to improve inadequacies. Among these issues are:
- The need for accurate payroll accounting. The prevalence of the use of older methods for logging work attendance times leaves the door open for many inaccuracies. The typical method of relying on punched time cards to tally salaries at the end of a work period presents many issues. Human error when collating the information and discrepancies regarding the actual working hours have led to payment errors.
- The need to control overtime payments. Many businesses have a desire and a need to keep their pay bills at a reasonable figure. The human resource bill in any business is usually the highest and it is no different in the healthcare sector.
- The need to be able to easily analyse and make an assessment of productivity to improve efficiency. With a paper system, generating productivity reports in the healthcare sector is currently painstaking and time-consuming. The data they provide is important for providing insight on ways to improve operations. The route to getting there however, is not very efficient.
- There is a need to have eyes on the ground so to speak, to be able to monitor the workforce for maximum productivity. This is a challenging task when using a paper system.
- There is a need to have satisfied employees who will give more of themselves on the job and boost productivity.
- There is also a need to have a controlled system of monitoring paid vacation and time off. At times there is a lag time in communication between Human Resources departments and employees regarding their entitlements or amount of time off remaining.
How Will the Attendance Tracking System Solve These Issues in Ireland’s Healthcare Sector?
The attendance tracking system is a multi-faceted solution to many of the issues facing Ireland’s healthcare sector. Look into the features and benefits the system provides to see the practicality and profitability it will bring to healthcare.
- The challenge of inaccurate payroll calculations will be eliminated. The system is equipped with a variety of iron clad methods for logging in and out of work. Even if a staff member forgets to clock in, their superior will be notified and this issue will not present a problem in the future.
- The system comes with an overtime management feature which helps to keep account of the extra hours worked for each member of staff. Supervisors or managers can keep abreast of work patterns and makeshift rearrangements if necessary. This is an excellent time saving as well as money-saving component of the system.
- The system allows managers the capability of generating real-time reports to be able to have control of the work assignments at any point in time. The software allows for an accurate overview to be obtained which helps in the making of on the spot decisions and work order adjustments for increased productivity and efficiency.
- The system also facilitates staff satisfaction. It gives them access to their work hours and even paid time off information so they can make a correct estimation of compensation due to them. They will be able to control the logging of their times and get the added security of having no surprises at the end of the month. A satisfied worker is a happy and dedicated worker.
- The facility to keep track of paid vacation and time off will help managers easily share this information with healthcare workers, cutting out the middle man so to speak. It also allows for forecasting and planning as workers can directly request their time off and managers can easily approve or disapprove. Using this system contributes to seamless functioning, ensuring that an adequate staff complement is always in place.
The wide range of applications for this software might be something you want to look into to see how it can improve your operations.