Did you know that your business could be losing thousands of Euro each year due to intentional and error-driven time theft? For companies such as construction and manufacturing warehouses, this is even more prevalent. With a large number of mobile labourers, you could be seeing a rise of time-theft and other problems that may arise. It can be a hassle to manage time for your labour workers, but it doesn’t have to be with a biometric timekeeping system.
Think of it as your fix-it when it comes to time thievery and saving your company money.
What Is Biometric Timekeeping?
The definition of biometrics is the measuring of physical and behavioural characters that are unique in identifying individuals. If you incorporate this into timekeeping, this simply allows Human Resources managers to be able to more accurately keep track of timekeeping when it comes to their employees. Through things like facial recognition, thumbprints, voice recognition, and more, a biometric timekeeping system can help put a stop to time thievery.
How Biometric Timekeeping Can Benefit Labour Management
For a company that has never implemented a clocking system into their company, you may feel unsure if it’s the right fit for you. Here is how a timekeeping system can help your business:
- Eliminate Time Theft. Time theft is, unfortunately, a common theme amongst mobile workers. When you have “buddy-punching”, which is when one employee clocks in for another; that’s time theft. With biometrics, you will need that individual to identify who they really are before clocking in for someone else. You will not have a need to check overtime to ensure that who says they were on shift was actually on shift when you are using a biometric timekeeping system.
- Create Accurate Time Records. Whether it’s intentional or accidental, an employee might not always accurately mark their time down. This can be bad in the retrospect that you might be paying the employee for the time they don’t owe or are needing to pay your accountants in order to double-check the time. Either way, it’s not a good use of anyone’s time, so using a biometric timekeeping system can accurately record an employee’s time to eliminate having to go over each employee’s timecard.
- Better for Auditing. In the case of an audit, you have everything that you need already. A biometric timekeeping system will accurately clock in and out an employee’s time. The numbers are there and you don’t have to scramble to put together a packet for auditors. Anything you need is already in the system, so you don’t have to worry about starting off your week with stress because the auditors are there.
HOW ELSE DOES A SYSTEM HELP YOUR COMPANY?
A system might be a little costly at first but can save a company in the long-run. You want to think about your company in the future and with a clocking system, you will avoid overpaying employees, as well as needing to invest time to investigate possible time theft.
Real-Time Labour Data
This system can help with real-time data, which means that everything is up-to-the-minute. Be able to manage your employees better and recognize red flags faster. You have the opportunity to nip something faster than you would if you didn’t have a timekeeping system. This is another reason why your costs will go down in the long-run as soon as you invest in the software and hardware that goes with a system.
HOW A BIOMETRIC SYSTEM CAN BENEFIT EMPLOYEES
We’ve talked about how a biometric timekeeping system would benefit the employer, but what about the employees? Here is how a system benefits the workers:
- Increase employee morale with the elimination of fear that you are going to get in trouble for your time. Or that you won’t be believed. Everything is monitored and tracked, which means no more worry.
- A biometric timekeeping system is easy to use, so you don’t have to worry about learning a new, complicated system. Punch cards are a thing of the past and clocking in and out will become easier using biometrics.
- Communicate with HR managers in an easier way. You can let them know of any shift swamp, vacations, and sick time with this system. This is especially good for mobile workers who don’t always have a chance to get to the corporate office to speak with someone.
A biometric timekeeping system may be exactly what your company needs to help clean up some of the payroll problems you may have been having. It may be pricey at first, but worth it down the line. Make sure you do the proper research before implementing it in your company.