Staffing gaps significantly affect productivity in the workplace and contributes in a big way. When an employee misses too much work, the effects ripple throughout an organisation. Other people have to make up for the missing work, and managers have to manage the schedule to ensure all shifts get coverage. Managers work hard to identify absence trends and correct the issues, so they don’t happen again. Many hours go into analysing this data and reprimanding the top offenders of office policies on absences.
Having a good handle on the nature of the problem is vital to absence management, and a reliable absence management software helps to understand and deal with the heart of the issue, taking the responsibility away from the manager and making it easier to manage the day to day operations. The most efficient way to handle employee absences is in real time, that way you don’t have to play catch up. Software analyses employee absenteeism as it happens, identifying trends and fixing the problem immediately.
Key Benefits of Absence Management Software
- Catching trends – If an employee misses the same day every week due to a family-related issue, the software recognizes this and itemizes the reason for the absence. Identifying this trend early assists in finding a viable solution.
- Customising preferences – Excused and unexcused absences are defined within the software, and employee absenteeism is categorized accordingly so that a manager knows whether the employee needs corrective action.
- Rule enforcement – Employers can discipline employees directly through the software, and with an understanding of absence management, the software suggests the appropriate recourse.
- Real-time multi-platform usage – Managers and employees can log in simultaneously from separate locations, keeping both parties up-to-date in real time. All information is readily available, so everyone is on the same page, employees can track their hours, and managers are aware of availability.
- Employee friendly interface – Understanding employee absenteeism does not mean controlling employees. It enables efficiency by ensuring coverage of all shifts and identifying solutions when there is a gap. Absence management software makes it easier for your employees to understand their absences, and helps your business run smoothly.
- Planned and unplanned management – Attendance software automatically manages planned and unplanned absences and categorizes them accordingly, much the same as identifying excused and unexcused absences.
- Fast decision making – Since everything is reported and analysed in real time, management decisions happen swiftly, giving a manager more time to focus on other essential tasks that cannot be automated and require more attention.
Employee absenteeism doesn’t have to be stressful. Software alleviates the burden of managing absences and suggests the most appropriate solutions for a manager to carry out. Managers and supervisors need to stay in control. While managers often confuse reasons for absenteeism, the software quickly analyses these trends for easy digestion and understanding.
It takes a manager a long time and a lot of focus to recognize when an employee is dishonest. It is more difficult to confuse or manipulate software than it is a person, and the software enables more efficiencies because it can track all employees’ absences and the reason for absences simultaneously, spotting the gaps immediately.
Absence Management Tools
Absentee management tools smoothen business operations and are easy to use. Absence Management software interacts with employees without manager intervention once you set your business preferences. There is very little work required on the business end because it takes minutes to set up and learn.
This sophisticated software allows you to measure attendance and gives you the best tools to do it quickly. It also enables trading shifts, time off requests, and vacation planning for employees, giving them convenient access to their shift management and making it an easy decision to make and implement.