Electronic Time Clock Overview
Ask any manager or business owner what their biggest challenges are, and the chances are good that keeping track of employees’ hours will appear near the top of the list. Using an electronic time clock can help.
When employees arrive late, leave early, or otherwise game the system, it can hurt your bottom line. The burden of doing their work shifts to other employees and to management. And if you use outdated software, errors in calculating hours and paychecks can eat into your profits.
The solution is using an electronic time clock. It’s a modern option that can help you eliminate time fraud, correct mistakes, and free your time to spend on other things.
Using an electronic time clock offers employers some significant benefits:
- It can completely eliminate buddy check-in, when employees ask their co-workers to clock in for them. Each electronic time clock requires personalized entry from employees in the form of biometrics or a device.
- It provides a secure method for employers to track employee work hours. If you choose to use biometrics, they are accessible only from your system. Algorithms store each employee’s fingerprint for complete security.
- It can decrease your payroll by reducing calculation errors and allowing you to keep careful track of regular employee hours and overtime.
- Easy reporting allow you to eliminate guesswork when it comes to employee absenteeism. You can create ad-hoc reports to help you spot trends in absenteeism.
- It’s an all-in-one time management solution that reduces the time you spend tracking and calculating employee hours. It can help you monitor overtime and other time issues because everything is stored in a central location.
Electronic time clocks are a modern solution for an age-old problem.
Electronic Time Clock Options
At Advance Systems, we offer electronic time clock options to suit every company’s needs. We recognise that not every company is the same. You may have high-security areas that require special precautions. Perhaps some of your employees work at remote locations. Whatever your challenges are, we have an option that will work for you.
Automated Time Clocks
The problem with old fashioned manual time clocks is that they require managers or accountants to spend their valuable time calculating hours. Fraudulent activities like buddy check-in are almost impossible to prevent.
Our automated electronic time clock software keeps track of everything for you. When employees clock in, their information is instantly transmitted and calculated. You can run reports that pull information and use it to complete payroll, track absenteeism, and manage all of your employees’ time.
Biometric Time Clocks
One of our most technologically advanced clock-in solutions is the biometric scan, which uses employees’ fingerprints to identify them.
Biometrics are perfect for companies who are worried about buddy check-in. They are also ideal if you have areas with heightened security as biometrics prevent unauthorised personnel from entering.
We have options for locational biometrics as well as desktop-based solutions. You may need to explain to employees that their fingerprints won’t be available outside of the system if they’re worried about security.
Software Based Time Clocks
In today’s world, it’s increasingly common for employees to work at more than one location. Some employees may telecommute while others have to travel to client locations or remote work sites. Using an electronic time clock can help you manage all of it.
Our software based time clocks are available for desktop computers, tablets, and even mobile phones. You can use GPS to track employees’ location at job sites. The software is easy-to-use and intuitive, and it instantly transmits all relevant location to the software so you can access it as needed.
Electronic Time Clock Features
Companies who need a simple way to track employees’ time can benefit from using an electronic time clock. The available features include:
- Auto-totaling to print employee hours directly onto a time card that you can use for payroll
- Centralized reporting so you can easily pull information as needed
- Tools to help you track absenteeism and spot trends
- Your choice of network connections, door entries, or user logins
- Customizable features to suit any workplace
At Advance Systems, we have an electronic time clock that will suit your needs.
Electronic Time Clocks for Challenging Work Settings
At Advance Solutions, we recognise that some workplaces present special challenges. If you:
- Have employees who work outdoors or in rugged conditions
- Prefer a solution that can work in areas where harsh chemicals are used
- Require an electronic time clock that can withstand the elements
- Need a time clock that will work when employees are wearing latex gloves
We have the solution for you. We can even customise a combination of mobile and desktop options to help you manage different parts of your workforce.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can work with you to create an electronic time clock that suits your needs, please click here.